Our New Technology
This new technology has had a very significant effect on the way in which rollers are now manufactured.
Using prefabricated bearing housing assemblies (cartridges) for welded steel rollers offers several advantages to the roller manufacturer – both now and in the future – some of which may be summarised as follows:
- Roller reduced to three components/four pieces only = greatly simplifies roller manufacturing process.
- Cartridge based rollers = less manpower / fewer operators.
- All common standard international specifications can be manufactured.
- Reduced production cycle times = increased production throughput.
- Quicker throughput = reduced customer lead time.
- Greater production flexibility – small orders = no problem.
- Reduced direct and indirect costs = higher profit margins.
- Economics of batch production = economics of bulk production.
- Assembly process self regulating = easier to maintain high quality standards.
- Different cartridge designs = different roller specifications.
- New – different international roller specifications manufactured upon one single production line.
- New – change actual roller specification during the manufacturing process – without stopping production.
- Rollers now maintenance free = reduced maintenance costs.
- Stock/inventory significantly reduced and simplified.
Capital Expenditure And Equipment
- New – initial capital investment and capital equipment to produce cartridge based rollers remain unchanged – even if roller designs change in future.
- New – therefore automatic protection against capital equipment becoming obsolete.
- New – automation of cartridge based roller production = lower capital cost compared with automation of production of traditional roller designs.
- New – latest design of welding machine tooling = automatic alignment of all central axes of all roller components during the assembly/welding cycle.